What is Pilates?
THE PILATES METHOD IS A SYSTEM OF OVER 500 EXERCISES INTENDED TO CREATE LONG, LEAN MUSCLES.
Named after its creator, Joseph Pilates, the method focuses on Strength, Stretch, Stability, & Stamina. The method was originally created during WWI as a way to rehabilitate wounded soldiers from their hospital beds, and it has developed over time to encompass all bodies! Joseph Pilates’ original NYC studio was opened in 1926. Since then, the Pilates Method has gained mainstream popularity. The Pilates method is currently used by athletes for sports conditioning, professional dancers as a way to strengthen their center of gravity, and as well as everyday people wanting to increase core strength and take control of their health. It is also used as a form of therapy and rehabilitation by licensed Physical Therapists. A consistent practice of 2-3 sessions weekly will help to increase strength, flexibility, and stamina resulting in slender thighs, a flat abdomen, and toned arms.
A Few Words About Pilates of Palm Beach
All of our instructors have completed a rigorous training program with an unrelenting emphasis on the classical Pilates method. So rest assured! You are receiving the absolute best Pilates instruction in Boynton Beach from the most qualified instructors.
- LOCATED IN BOYNTON BEACH, FL ON CONGRESS AVE SOUTH OF GATEWAY BLVD
- ESTABLISHED 2009 BOYNTON BEACH’S ORIGINAL PILATES STUDIO
- CLASSICALLY CERTIFIED OWNER & INSTRUCTORS
Our goal is to teach the Pilates method the way Joseph Pilates originally intended. All sessions focus on the 6 Principles of Pilates:
- Centering – Initiating movement from a stable source, your core or “powerhouse”
- Concentration – Having mindful intent & focus. Executing the exercises while the mind guides the body
- Control – Executing each exercise with complete muscular control
- Precision – An emphasis on quality of movement. Every movement has a purpose
- Flow– Executing exercises in a flowing manner with a natural progression from one movement into the next
- Breath – Recharging the body through full inhalation & exhalation